We’re embracing the last of summer and riding the last wave of garden bounty goodness with a spectacular instant pot Vegetable soup! 🍲👩🌾🍅
We made sure to double this bright and sunny recipe so you can freeze some for those busy days ahead. Say goodbye to mealtime worries and hello to more moments with your loved ones.
- 1 Tbsp HV tallow, avocado oil or grassfed butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tsps italian seasoning (or 1 tsp each dried thyme, oregano & basil will work)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 bags of HV Bone Broth (6 cups either chicken, turkey, beef, bison, veggie, or a combo)
- 3-5 medium potatoes, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1.5 cups tomato sauce or puree
- 1.5 cups fresh green beans, chopped
- 1/3 cup each frozen or fresh corn and peas
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Turn instant pot to saute, adding fat & onion. Cook until soft, then add garlic for 30 seconds more, stirring.
- Add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, sea salt and pepper, stir for another minute.
- Add your HV broth, scraping up any bits of food from the bottom of the pot.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, tomato sauce, green beans, bay leaf and stir. If using FRESH corn & peas, add them now, if frozen, wait until after soup is cooked.
- Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing, and select Manual or Pressure Cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the cook time is over, let pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes before opening the valve and removing the lid
- If you're using frozen corn & peas, add them in now. Adjust seasonings to taste- adding a bit of sweetener (1 tsp sugar) if you like! Serve with fresh minced parsley.