bone broth · Recipes ·
Bone Broth Shepherd's Pie
It's winter time in YYC, and what's more comforting than a big bowl of meat, veggies and mashed sweets, smothered in gravy, eaten in front of a toasty fire?! Um, nothing... the answer is nothing!
This Bone Broth Shepherd's Pie is not your regular pie, it's wholesome, nourishing, and gut friendly, for a meal that the whole family will enjoy!
- 4 large sweet potatoes (or you can use Russet, White or Yukon Gold potatoes) peeled and cut into large cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound of either: organic chicken, turkey, beef, bison or lamb, or a combination
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 cup of High-Vibe Bone Broth: either chicken, turkey, beef or bison
- 1 Tbsp of organic corn starch, or arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of frozen organic corn
- Bring a large pot of sea salted water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain, mash with butter, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pound of ground meat and onion, and cook until well browned.
- Add diced carrot, and cook a few more minutes.
- Mix well, the cornstarch with cooled bone broth and add to meat mixure, along with worchestershire sauce. Give a good stir.
- Add cup of each frozen peas and corn.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until gravy is nicely thickened.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the ground meat in an even layer on the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Top with the mashed sweet potato mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown!