People often ask me how to use their golden tubs of bone broth, and my answer is usually SOUP! So today, I'm going to share with you my favourite chicken noodle soup recipe, using my mineral-rich broth that will not only nourish and heal your physical body on a cellular level, but also bring comfort and joy to your spirit body.
This recipe is less of a recipe, and more of a guide to a quick, and delicious tasting soup that is super hard to messed up, and can be adjusted to suit personal taste. It can be ready in under 3 minutes, and can be eaten at any time of the day; I eat mine for breakfast multiple times per week! Lastly, this was the way my grandma made me bone broth soup whenever I went to visit, so I hold it very near and dear to my heart... I hope you love it as much as I do!
Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup
What you will need:
OR Something like this...
1) 1 Litre High-Vibe Chicken bone broth, thawed
2) 2 small or 1 large Chopped or diced fresh organic tomato, or canned tomato works great too! (BPA-free can please)
3) 2 big handfuls of Any organic green, torn- I like kale or spinach, but whatever you have on hand will be delicious- swiss chard, beet greens, bok choy, sprouts or pea shoots
4) Any gluten-free noodle- My favourites are of the asian variety... because that's what grandma would use... and because I'm Asian and love to use chop stix! Suggestions:
Longku- a thin Asian bean and pea starch clear noodle is one you can add directly into the soup broth and it cooks up in about a minute, or brown rice vermicelli noodles can also be added straight to the broth...other noodles like larger brown rice pasta noodles, or quinoa, or soba should be pre-cooked, and added to the soup at the end to warm. Another great option is gluten-free ramen made from brown rice and amaranth- sold at Costco or you can find them at your natural health food store. Even broken up GF spaghetti noodles work marvellously here!
5) Salt and Peppa! Use a good quality Atlantic Sea salt, or himalayan rock salt, and as much organic pepper as you fancy
What to do:
Throw everything into a pot on the stove, bring to boil, and then turn down to a simmer until the noodles are cooked. Please read #4 on noodles, as only the thin, less starchy noodles should be added directly to the broth. Season to your liking, and then enjoy this highly nutritious, and super delicious meal!
In addition to using bone broth to make soups and stews, it can also be warmed on the stove, seasoned to taste, and sipped from a mug for a quick, and healthy snack in between meals, or an easy digestible and absorbable mini meal before bedtime. It can be used the same way you would use any conventional liquid chicken broth- to make gravies, added to sauces, boil your grains in, make into curries, mashed into potatoes, and mashed into baby food to help grow healthy bones and muscles, hair, teeth & nails, and all connective tissues alike, increase immunity, and decrease inflammation. Bottom line- it doesn't matter how you use your nourishing broth, just get it in yah!
Now go! Broth yourself into a state of mineral-filled bliss!