We use Ghee, specifically Blissful Living Ghee, almost every day. This ultimate Ayurvedic superfood is your healthy substitution for butter and oil!
What is Ghee?
Ghee is a derivative of butter, with no lactose or milk proteins and believe it, or not - it’s a superfood! I love Blissful Living’s Ghee because it's made my clarifying certified organic Canadian butter on a very slow open flame until it is completely caramelized. This process gives ghee a very high smoke point, rich & nutty flavour along with an excellent nutritional profile.
Here's how we use ghee in our household:
- Cook our eggs in it for breakfast, and slather it on organic sourdough
- Dallop into a cup of bone-broth!
- Make rice using bone broth instead of water, and a couple of spoonfuls of ghee for delicious flavour and texture!
- Add a heaping tsp to a warm mug of broth for some super healthy fat
- Roast, BBQ & Sautee alllll the vegetables - Ghee is safe to use at higher temperatures!
- Make Bulletproof coffees
- Curries... ghee and curries are made for each other!
Get your locally made, organic ghee at the Broth-Shop today!