We have a delicious, warming comforting & nutritive One-Pot Chicken & BB Rice recipe on the menu this week!
Using your slow cooker, it’s a cinch to prepare, freeing up more time to spend quality time with the fam. And, walking into the house, it smells absolutely incredible, tasting even better! 😋
We hope you enjoy this family favourite as much as we do!
- 2 tablespoons High-Vibe tallow
- 4 chicken breasts or 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1.5 cups rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed, minced, whole— really, use as many as you like!
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bag (3 cups) High-Vibe chicken bone broth, or your broth of choice
1) Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
2) Add tallow to large skillet over med high heat. once, hot add the chicken and brown both sides for about 5 minutes- NO NEED TO COOK through. Turn of heat and let sit in pan.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot, stirring to combine, then place the chicken on top.
5) Cook for 2.5 to 3 hours on HIGH, or until rice is soft and chicken is cooked through.
Serve with fresh garden salad, raw veggies, green beans, broccoli, peas or corn!