bone broth · Recipes ·
Bone Broth Mashed Potatoes
Treat yourself to a healthy holiday feast this winter with gut lovin' bone broth mash!
This dish can be made a ton of different ways, and I recommend that you experiment with all of them until you've perfected your palate pleasing side!
2.5 pounds of potatoes- russet, white or Yukon golds work best, cut into big cubes
1-2 cups of your fav High-Vibe bone broth flav, warmed
3 Tbsp local, cultured butter (or butter substitute, olive oil, or coconut oil)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil your potatoes in filtered water (try with skin on for added fibre!), until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Turn off heat and strain potatoes completely- don't leave any extra water lingering! Then get the potatoes back in the pot, back on the now turned off element to keep them warmish.
- Add fat to the pot along with 1 cup of warm bone broth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If your mash is too thick, add 1/4 cup increments of bone broth until you've reached desired consistency!
Optional add ins:
- Substitute any amount of the potato with cooked sweet potato, turnip, carrot or parsnip
- Add fresh or roasted garlic to your mash
- Top with parsley, and or chives
- Drench with your fav Gluten-free High-Vibe bone broth gravy!
Happy Holiday Nourishing!