The warmer days are upon us, which means fun, fresh, make-ahead and bring-along nutritious meals to support our busy days of adventure are in order! This quick & flavor-packed Greek Quinoa Salad checks all the Spring vibe boxes for an easy grab and go meal (with a fork) for outside play or picnics!
Bone Broth Infused Greek Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups of High-Vibe Bone Broth of your choice, I like to use chicken!
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 peppers (any colour), diced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- Sea salt and ground pepper, seasoned to taste
- Goat Feta for sprinkling
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the salad to allow the flavors to meld.
- Combine the quinoa, 2 cups High-Vibe Health Organic Chicken Bone Broth, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until the broth is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, fluff with a fork and let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, olives, green onions, peppers, red onion, cucumber and dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours before serving. The longer it sits the better the flavor.
- Just before serving (or eating) sprinkle feta on top.
*Recipe adapted from Bobby Flay.